Saturday, August 19, 2017

supplies for the watchtower ....

Some Gauls are on the move...
a couple more are looking at a nearby watchtower...
 where some supplies are being delivered ....
[new items: seven gauls and two roman pack horses]

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Roman Pack Horses - WIP

I had a couple of Timpo Toyway legionaries left over and while tidying up I found a couple of horses - two more pack horses were made up from these
horse harness made from strips of '3 layered' insulation tape; some spare plastic pilums form part of the load. A little work left to do, then they can be painted

Thursday, August 10, 2017

things in the pipeline ....

I've been accruing bits and pieces with some Ebay purchases; had a session over the last couple of days to sort them out and get them ready for painting.

An auxiliary cohort of Italeri romans, these will replace the blue auxiliaries (which were not very good conversions)
 A few Italeri Gaul conversions, I had some space in one of the boxes for some light armed troops plus a couple of non-action chaps for story lines..
  A basic ships crew using Timpo Toyway romans

Only one more planned item for the romans - some better auxiliary cavalry - have collected some bits  but will see what I can find..

Monday, July 17, 2017

a little diversion...

I had picked up some Timpo Toyway greeks with some romans a while ago and put them away in a box. For a change I decided to see if I could do anything with them. A couple of modelling sessions, cutting, repositioning, head swapping and fixing up I got eleven useable figures out of 20.
I think these better go back in a box for a while, before I go too mad and start another project - Greek city states in 1/32 very tempting ....😁

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A statue (WIP)

A slightly larger metal figure, I thought it would good as a statue so I made a plinth for it
probably paint the statue white on a sandstone plinth.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Back to ballistas ...

I have upgraded my ballistas again, having procured another Italeri Fabbri one, 

lovely models, I now have enough ballistas for the size of my forces.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Roman Ship - ready for its crew ...

Finished off work on the ship.

I filled in the gaps in the sides, lowered the rear canopy, painted the sail a neutral colour, added a row of shields (using some printed onto inkjet labels) to each side.

I'm currently converting some Italeri romans to be a small unit of marines, plus some Timpo Toyway romans for ballista crew.